Friday, May 18, 2012

I'm on a Boat


I could not have thought of a better way to spend last night than how we chose to. Dinner was great. Reggie, Ricky, and I sat with our Vietnamese language teacher and continued to practice our skills, but we also sat with administrators that we had not been given much chance to interact with over the past two weeks. We got to share a little about Pittsburgh with them. I showed pictures of the Cathedral of Learning, and we talked about baseball, hockey, and American football with everyone.

The view was incredible, and I found myself thinking how much I will miss it here. If given the opportunity, I will definitely return. I really can’t talk up Plus3 Vietnam enough. It was an experience unlike any other.

After dinner, the UEF students met us at our hotel to hang out one last time. They came up and had lots of gifts for us…hand stitched key chains, bracelets, and more! We really could not thank them enough for everything they have done for us, and I will miss everyone so much! I wish that we had more to give them in return.

We hung out until 2:15 when the UEF students headed out to the airport (before us so that they could say goodbye). During that time, I learned some new massage techniques, and Tuan read my palm. Apparently I’m going to die of sickness, but I will have a great impact on others. And two wives!

We finally made it to the airport at around 3:10 AM and had to say goodbye. It was so hard to do, and I cried a bit. Hope to see them again in the future. 

After a flight to Hong Kong, Reggie and I are sitting in the airport waiting for our (of course, delayed) flight to Newark. Home’s not that far off!

P.S. Hopefully no TSA agent reads this, but Tran is currently checked in my suitcase. We brought her home with us. Stay still, Tran!

No comments:

Post a Comment